Monday, August 23, 2010

Needed vs. Wanted

To trust is a most foolish thing and
to hope on people requires many more leaps of faith.

There is a very distinct line of difference between people needing you and wanting you.
Hoping tries to smudge this line but who are we kidding?
When the need vanishes, the needed also becomes invisible,
with the feelings forgotten and relationship turning rancid.

The only person wanted these days lives in the list in the police station. To discuss this is basically irrelevant.

I am lousy at long jumps let alone to take any leap;
across the drain or hopes likewise.

3 comments:

Gerviene said...

I get you. I think sometimes (leap or jump whatnot), the first step is all that matters.

So try, and let me know how it goes!

Loshini said...

leaps of faith begin wid baby steps, u know?

Jimbo Pete said...

I wrote something about this myself a few years ago on Myspace. Maybe I can send it to you sometime if you'd like to read it or you can visit my Myspace account to read it if you have one. I don't use it any more but I haven't closed it down either..

Take care,
Jim Shelton