Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In somno securitas?

That means: In sleep there is safety.

Sort off cliched that the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland adopted this as their motto but that's not the point now.

While I suffer from somnolence now after the month long sleep-deprived state, I think about those days that even four hours of sleep was considered lucky. I thankfully did not suffer from insomnia and the sleep deprived state was voluntarily induced for a reason. However it was in sleep (which thankfully came quickly and left quickly), I truly felt free and safe. The rest of the hours were charged with some adrenaline or cortisol. Deadlines were the graffiti of those hours.

Now with sleep batting my eyelids easily, I marvel at how I was then. My then-self would have given the look of ultimate pity to my now-self; the weak-willed creature to sleep.

Surprising isn't it; how we mold to our objectives so quickly,
How subconsciously we accept change even though we consciously resist it,
How comfort zones are mere fixations of imagination.

Well I am not made of gold,
I am not made of iron either,
Or steel for that matter (that's Superman),

I am made of plastic.

Adapting, Malleable and Indestructible.
And so is the rest of the world.

No comments: