Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kindness and Gaining Clarity

Today, I had the misfortune (maybe I was being punished for a earlier crime) for walking three kilometres into a cowboy town to find that the saloon (OK Don't smack me ... the barber shop) to be closed. On top of that, there was no cab or whatever means of transport to get back to campus unless you count the ones which left me as I approached them. MENTAL NOTE: I have to get tested for the Transport Repelling Gene and Anti-dog Gene the next time I visit a geneticist.

However, when I was walking back in a fury of anger, shame and of course trying to clasp on positivity out of the whole event like exercising (finally!), a middle aged uncle in a small truck called out to me and asked whether I was headed to campus and asked me to hop in. I said yes and despite feeling a little bit apprehensive, I got on to his truck. He was a gas seller and I asked him how he knew where I was going, he said I looked new around the neighbourhood. Point: Despite being here for about 2 years, I rarely venture into the surrounding jungle, sorry development. This was in fact the third time. In the truck, we had some small talk but I couldn't help thanking my lucky stars and the Infinite for this stroke of luck (Hey, he saved me 2 km of walking and helped me to do some soul-searching). One thing was for sure: humanity and kindness does exist.

Sometimes, in life, when all becomes nearly meaningless like how I was for the past weeks, things like this happen by a stroke of incidence and so unexpectedly that they bring you back to clarity and pave you in a path of motivation. This one certainly did.

What do you think?

No comments: